How do I become a good developer?
- Gang of 4 Design Patterns - hard to understand
- Good ideas but not really for web development
The Adapter Pattern
- Sits between two components with incompatible interfaces
- Converts the messages
- Good to sit between external APIs to buffer from change.
- Adapter class implements Locator
- Bind in AppServiceProvider
- Tests for 3rd party API or API which communicates over network - make a Fake class.
The Strategy Pattern
- Me: Just use an interface for a family of classes, this forces them to use the same methods and makes them interchangeable.
- E.g. A stratery for parsing each type of record 20:21
- Determine which strategy (class) to use
The Factory Pattern
Embrace the backend - Caleb Porzio
API Development TJ Miller
- Versioning bad - Evolution good
- OpenAPI - used to be Swagger, used to document APIs.
Laravel vs Lumen
Maybe not Lumen, only 25% quicker Start with Laravel - change when measurable pain
- token guard - static token attatched to user